Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March Madness

I'm back and I've got lots of pictures of stuff to fill you in on. First things first - I have my freedom back! About a week and a half ago we got a van - a white Toyota Sienna and I love it!!! It feels so safe. And as of yesterday, Jason also replaced his dying Mercury Sable with a black Kia Optima. His car was on its last leg and was going to need some major repair (plus it had no air conditioning so every summer he has sweated it out). It's official - we're a two car payment family :( Booo! But on the other side, it's amazing how God has blessed us to pay off some bills and save some money too so it really won't be so bad. Yay!

So, you may be wondering "What have you been up to?" Well I'll tell yah!

For St. Patrick's Day I made the kids green eggs. Emma loved it and thought it was fun but Aubrey...not so much. A child who normally eats up all her egg did not touch them on this day. She probably thought they were a vegetable. Despite from being born into a vegetable loving family, Aubrey has not grown to love them like we do....yet!!! There's still hope.

A couple weeks ago I noticed Aubrey was playing awfully quiet while I was putting laundry away and this is what I discovered...She had helped herself to my make-up drawer and was putting eye shadow all over her....eyes. She must watch mommy very closely although I have to say that I usually only put on eye shadow on Sunday's or if I'm going out so she did good knowing where to put the make-up on.

We also had some tree work done. Our neighbor was having her trees trimmed up and the guy offered us a deal if we had ours done at the same time so we had a tree trimmed up that was just about to touch the house and we had two dead trees chopped down. Timbeeerrr! You can see the guys off to the left pulling the tree. It was actually pretty cool to watch. They threw up a weighted rope to the top of the tree and allowed it to hook behind a branch and then proceeded to pull at it after the chainsaw cut was made. (Bree - Evan would have loved it). The good news is that we got some free mulch out of it. Here's a picture of the mulching process. They chipped the wood as it was cut down from the trees and we shared the ginormous mulch pile with our neighbor. I think it was something crazy like 12 cubic yards!! We still have to distribute ours which leads me to my next thing.
We have been taking on a landscaping project this spring. We want to make the front of our house more pleasing to the eye so we ripped out these ugly Boxwoods that we had on the front and back of our house (I think there were 14 total). It's liberating to see them gone. We've had lots of rain so we weren't able to work on anything this past weekend. I can't wait to show you before/after photos. It will look so much better once it's all said and done.

Then there was Easter. The kids had time to find their baskets before church surprisingly. and Emma's favorite thing in her basket was.....
her Bible!! We had friends over a few hours after church so despite my busyness in getting the house and food ready, I didn't get an Easter picture of both girls together :(


I couldn't resist this picture - her mouth is full enjoying a chocolate easter egg (for the first time - not her first time encountering chocolate but her first time with a chocolate egg).

Then this past Friday it was gorgeous outside!! We're talking 80 degrees so I met a few friends at the park for a picnic play date. The kids were exhausted when we got home and went to bed early. Emma was actually asking to go to bed and she never does that. After dinner, the girls had ice cream cones outside to celebrate the warm weather and here's what I captured. Kinda reminds me of the picture of Aubrey awhile back with banana in her mouth.
I love this picture - sharing. Emma devoured her cone but Aubrey took her time. Then Emma wanted some of Aubrey's so she gladly fed some of hers to her big sis.

Ho ho ho - looks like Aubrey ate an ice "Christmas" cone....get it, ice cream cone...ice Christmas cone...okay, that was bad but I just thought it up while I was typing and just had to put that in there. Maybe it will make someone laugh. At least the picture will - look at that face. Simply adorable!!

That's all folks - I'm outta here!!! Oh - did I mention I love my Toyota Sienna!!

It's not always easy for me to get on and do my blog as I would like to. As most of you know, I work from home via the computer in the wee hours of the a.m. and after Emma is up and I've finished my work, she begs me not to go on the computer again so....it's hard to get back on. I'll do what I can :)

4 comments:

Bree said...

Great to see you back on the blog :-) and I like the new format (looks familiar!)
You're right about Evan and the tree thing -- big trucks and power tools! Except he hates wood chippers and stump grinders because they are too loud.
I love the Christmas cone picture of Aubrey. I've never seen a girl that could look so pretty with so much food on her face all the time! She's a cutie!

korsega said...

YOu won't believe this - we just got a Toyota Sienna too!!!! We finally got rid of the old Hallmark van!

Unknown said...

Hi Bethany,

Life has finally calmed down a bit and managed to log onto my pc at home a check out your blogg and catch up with the happenings in your life and your gorgeous family...

I love the photo of Emma with the green egg :) Made me think of the blue scrambled egg we used to get served on camp - although that egg wasn't down to food colourant.

My parents have just gone back to SA after a wonderful two week visit. I will send some pics soon.

Take care
Love
Brenda

Sean said...

Oh no,
I just planted some boxwood...
Hope they dont turn out too ugly.
Sean.